Articles of association
1 DCDB Ltd. is an umbrella group for various local sporting, recreational, cultural, economic and voluntary associations.
2 The aims :
- It is a forum for discussion and resolution of issues concerning the Dunleer
area and its residents.
- To promote good relations between clubs and organizations in the district.
- To advise and consult with the County Council regarding the spending of levies.
- To lobby and get involved in projects to improve the district.
3. The DCDB shall consist of a delegate or delegates (not more than two) from interested organizations or groups of organizations in the district. The DCDB may co-opt members to fill a particular need. In addition a number of concerned individuals (not more than one third, plus one, of the otherwise appointee members) may be elected each year at the A.G.M. Seven members with voting rights with a maximum of three executive members without voting rights.
4. Each organization represented may be asked to pay a membership fee. This fee shall be reviewed each year at the A.G.M.
5. A quorum for ordinary meetings shall be seven people of the total membership.
6. A General Meeting shall take place on or before 30th November each year. The quorum for this meeting shall be 50% rounded down plus one of the Board members. A general/ meeting shall be called if a request for same is signed by one third, rounded down, plus one, and given to the secretary, at least two weeks prior to the date of the proposed meeting.
7. Following each Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.), the Dunleer Community
Development Board shall elect an Executive Committee consisting of the following
(i) Chairman (ii) Vice-Chairman (iii) Secretary (iv) Assistant Secretary
(v) Treasurer (vi) Assistant Treasurer (vii) Public Relations Officer
8. Board meetings shall be open to the public, but only members may vote.
9. If a motion, at an ordinary meeting, cannot get unanimous approval, the decision will be postponed until the next meeting, when a simple majority will suffice.
10. The Constitution can only be changed at the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.) by a two-thirds majority of those present, and then only if members of the Board have received written notice of the motion at least ten days before the Annual General Meeting (A.G.M.).